2nd Guards Rifle Division
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Ben CO 2nd guards
Ben CO 2nd guards
Admin
https://2ndguardsforum.forumotion.com

Tankfest 2019 Empty Tankfest 2019

Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:38 pm
Welcome,

'This is a story you can tell your grand children..... and mightily bored they will be'

The first event of the year of what feels like the longest winter stand down in history was Tankfest. This has been on the group books for many years now so traditionally has had ha good turn out from the troops and this year was no exception.
We were due to be portraying a basic Infantry training school but like most things in life no plan survives first contact with the enemy...... I mean general public and by Jove there were a Lot of them! The group handled it like absolute champs we seemed to have a constant stream of people and there were always group members chatting to them.

We did manage to get some training in but that was just basic drill to sweep away the cobwebs of a long winter stand down and I believe that everyone learnt something from it (I know I did) Tom handled being the acting 2 i/c like the legend that he is and every somehow managed to handle the heat which was unbearable!

A massive thank you to the team all of you made it so much easier for Tom and myself so here is to the next one.

Tankfest 2019 20190710
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum